Technology Supports for Struggling Writers
Technology Supports for Struggling Writers will discuss writing strategies that research has determined to assist students in learning to write, and explore the technology tools that will assist in acquiring and practicing those skills.
Technology Supports for Struggling Writers . . .
- provides an introduction to the assistive technology (AT) supports for struggling writers.
- focuses on the writing process with regards to technology interventions, accommodations and universal design features.
- can be used by staff developers and educators to train those involved in writing accommodations.
Technology Supports for Struggling Writers module will explore information to:
- Understand a framework for the writing process
- Identify research-based, technology supported strategies to assist struggling writers
- Locate available technology resources that will assist those struggling writers
The information and processes included in this module are not specific to the state of Texas and can be used with little or no change across the United States and beyond. Special thanks to Brian Wojcik and Kelly Fonner, Consultant.